SAP is considered is one of the superpowers of ERP marketplace. SAP effectively bridges the gap between the present position of the organization and the future desired position. It is the tool which adds more to the strengths and overcomes the weaknesses to make the organization competent in the market. Therefore it is necessary that the SAP implementation should be done effectively and efficiently so as to prepare organization to combat with all the challenges and make them an opportunity for the growth of industry. Here is the briefing of the series of activities that govern the SAP implementation process, detailed version is at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAP_implementation.
- PROJECT PREPARATION: This is the initial step which keeps its eye on making an envision statement and staffing the required talent. The organization should vision the tasks that the SAP is expected to perform. These tasks are mainly focused to achieve success. Once the tasks are framed it makes it easy to staff the competent personnel who can address, design, implement and support the SAP solution towards benefitting the organization.
- SIZING AND BLUEPRINTING: This is considered to be main chunk of the entire SAP implementation process. It lays the foundation of effective functioning. This phase is focused towards creating a balance between financial and operational aspect of SAP. Beginning with obtaining a cost analysis of the software, the disaster recovery requirements, necessary training to staff and setting up of data center are all performed under this phase. This phase makes operational the design prepared in initial step.
- FUNCTIONAL DEVELOPMENT OF SAP: It is concerned with functional aspect of SAP. It addresses the change management so as to minimize the risk of failure and maximize the collective efforts of people. Along with evaluating SAP management applications it creates a foundation for system management. Also integration and regression tests are conducted to establish the relativity in the organization business process and other business process and to prove that the results obtained by the system are consistent and repeatable.
- FINAL PREPARATION: After integration and regression tests in earlier phase, the system and stress tests are performed. These are to plan, script, execute and monitor that the system is able to perform as per the expectations of the end user and can manage the heavy traffic efficiently. At this phase all sorts of cutover plans are planned and thus performed to monitor the back up policies and locking of the system so that no unauthorized modification can take place. It is performed before the SAP goes actually live.
- GO LIVE: This is the final phase of SAP implementation where the Sap is implemented and is provided to end user. Sufficient time frame is allowed to entertain and invite the problems and modifications to be corrected. The feedback of user is respected and given full adherence.
Hitachi is one such service provider which effectively performs the implementation process and customizes it to make sure that the SAP meets the user requirements. It is because SAP serves as a stepping stone to jumpstart the organization.