Is it your goal to be a productive ecommerce web designer? Do you have goals you want to achieve, but are not sure how to go about them because you do not understand how to design a website? This is the article for you! It will show you how to get started creating an awesome website.
- Include a link to the homepage on every page of your site.
- One of the best ways to do this is to make a graphic title for your page that can be included on all pages. Web users are used to clicking on a graphic to return home so there won’t be a learning curve to navigating your site.
- Use ALT tags whenever possible.
- These helpful tags describe an image to a viewer, assisting the visually impaired, as well as those who prefer to browse without images. As an added bonus, some search engines include these tags in their rankings, so you may get a boost by using them.
- Make sure that you use the right anchor text.
- The anchor text of a link should clearly describe what the visitor should expect to see when he clicks on the link. For instance, if a link leads to your widget ordering page, the anchor text might read “Order widgets.” Specifically avoid using “click here” as anchor text.
- Use images wisely.
- Bitmap images do not tend to fare well for internet use, and some GIFs do not work well with lots of color. Image size is important as well, as larger images may make your viewers have to wait for them to download. Choose smaller images, and use them sparingly to make your site more manageable.
Now that you have a better idea of ecommerce web design, do you feel more confident in the subject? You should have a much better idea. If you don’t, continue rereading this article until you can understand web design better, in order to increase your confidence in the subject.
For more details, see a video here: